Anele Mdoda joins Domestos as official ambassador on an unstoppable mission to provide cleaner, safer toilets for all!
Johannesburg, 30 April, 2019 – TV and Radio presenter, Anele Mdoda is well known for several things, among them, her cheeky sense of humour; her enduring love of Beyonce and her red carpet style! But she’s also known to be a Supermom and it’s these instincts that led her to become concerned about the sanitation crisis in South Africa’s schools.
At November’s 2018 Flush Forum, hosted by Domestos for World Toilet Day, she spoke passionately and emotionally about the need for South Africans to do more to protect our children by giving them access to safe and hygienic toilets at school. Now, she has partnered with Domestos to be their official Sanitation Brand Ambassador for 2019.
“I’m proud to be working closely with a brand that has proven its dedication to this cause and has already made a significant impact by providing hygiene education, janitor programmes, toilet renovations and now builds in schools. As mothers, we are all protectors of the future generation and I’m ready to fight for the safety and dignity of our little ones,” said Anele.
In November Anele also launched a crowdfunding initiative, in partnership with Domestos, to raise funds to build new toilets in one school. “Thanks to South Africa’s generosity, I can proudly say we have now reached our target of R1 Million. From the smallest donation of R5 to the largest donation of R500 000, each and every cent has made a difference and I am so humbled by South Africa’s generosity,” she said.
But that’s not the end! Just as Domestos is unstoppable in its fight for clean, safe toilets for all, so Anele has promised to be unstoppable as its new hygiene hero!
Unilever PR Brand Specialist of Home Care, Mandisa Mbenenge said the brand was looking forward to working with Anele. “We need passionate voices on our side to help us reach more people, make more impact, and Anele is the perfect partner for us. With a new, improved formula, with extended germ and stain-fighting power, we are committed to championing hygiene in South African homes and with a commitment to build a total of 20 new school toilets this year, we are actively supporting the government’s Sanitation Appropriate For Education (SAFE) Initiative.
We’re counting on the support of all South Africans to join our fight and become part of our team of unstoppable sanitation superheroes.”
- Domestos has helped protect families from germs for more than 80 years.
- Today, Domestos is sold in 65 countries around the world. It is sold across Western, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and much of Asia. It is the market leader for toilet cleaners in countries including South Africa, UK, Poland, Russia, and Turkey.
- Domestos is Unilever’s leading toilet hygiene brand and has been committed to helping protect families from germs for more than 80 years. As such, the brand is uniquely positioned to address the sanitation crisis.
- Domestos’ commitment to deliver more social value is just one action Unilever is taking to meet its goal of helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being, and in turn, create a sustainable future.
- Domestos now has a new, improved formula, with extended germ- and stain-fighting power, making it unstoppable in its fight for clean, safe toilets for all.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home, Personal Care and Refreshment products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 169,000 employees and generated sales of €53.3 billion in 2015. Over half (58%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx.
Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan commits to:
- Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being by 2020.
- Halving the environmental impact of our products by 2030.
- Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020."