Amongst other initiatives Domestos is currently involved in, for this World Toilet Day, Domestos has pledged 100% of all profits from product sales towards solving the sanitation crisis.
South Africa, 19 November 2019 – Imagine you are in class and need to go. You have two options: a hole in the ground which might swallow you alive or the bush with all the dangers that could be lurking there. Poor sanitation is a harsh reality school going children face every day in South Africa. Some even miss school because of it.
Did you know that sanitation can negatively impact the quality of our children’s education? Out of the 4 major reasons children miss school, 3 are directly liked to sanitation – diarrhea, colds, flu and respiratory issues.
9 years ago, through one of their brands with purpose Domestos, Unilever aimed to improve the lives of our school children. Their aim was to impact over 2 million people in South Africa by 2020, by delivering holistic and sustainable solutions to help solve our country’s school sanitation crisis.
In 2019 we have reached 2 million primary school learners through our sanitation education programmes, including Janitor training that focuses on maintenance of school toilets to keep them safe and hygienic.
Unilever PR Brand Specialist of Home Care, Mandisa Mbenenge reveals, “Amongst other initiatives Domestos is currently involved in, for this World Toilet Day, Domestos has pledged 100% of all profits from product sales towards solving the sanitation crisis.”
Through partnerships between the government and private sector, it is possible to improve access to safe, dignified sanitation for all.
Let’s all join in, knowing that every bottle of Domestos in our homes makes us part of a team that is solving the country’s school sanitation crisis, school by school.
Because we are #UnstoppableTogether
For more information please visit http://www.domestos.co.za
- Domestos has helped protect families from germs for more than 80 years.
- Today, Domestos is sold in 65 countries around the world. It is sold across Western, Central and Eastern Europe, the Middle East, and much of Asia. It is the market leader for toilet cleaners in countries including South Africa, UK, Poland, Russia, and Turkey.
- Domestos is Unilever’s leading toilet hygiene brand and has been committed to helping protect families from germs for more than 80 years. As such, the brand is uniquely positioned to address the sanitation crisis.
- Domestos’ commitment to deliver more social value is just one action Unilever is taking to meet its goal of helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being, and in turn, create a sustainable future.
- Domestos now has a new, improved formula, with extended germ and stain-fighting power, making it unstoppable in its fight for clean, safe toilets for all.
Unilever is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Food, Home, Personal Care and Refreshment products with sales in over 190 countries and reaching 2 billion consumers a day. It has 169,000 employees and generated sales of €53.3 billion in 2015. Over half (58%) of the company’s footprint is in developing and emerging markets. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes around the world, including Persil, Dove, Knorr, Domestos, Hellmann’s, Lipton, Wall’s, PG Tips, Ben & Jerry’s, Marmite, Magnum and Lynx.
Unilever’s Sustainable Living Plan Commits To:
- Helping more than a billion people take action to improve their health and well-being by 2020.
- Halving the environmental impact of our products by 2030.
- Enhancing the livelihoods of millions of people by 2020.